10 Cars That Won't Make Obama's Grade
Here for your amusement and edification are ten cars that won’t meet President Obama’s fuel efficiency standard – and I didn’t even come close to listing the Hummer or the Lamborghini Gallardo.
- The Mini Cooper with a combined 29 MPG.
- The Hyundai Accent with a combined 29 MPG.
- The Ford Escape Hybrid with combined 28 MPG.
- The 2009 Toyota Yaris with a combined 31 MPG.
- The 2009 Nissan Versa with a combined 28 MPG.
- The Toyota Highlander Hybrid with a combined 26 MPG.
- The Honda Civic with combined 29 MPG.
- The Chevy Aveo with a combined 30 MPG.
- The Kia Rio with a combined 30 MPG.
- The Scion xD with a combined 29 MPG.
The Obama standard will reportedly require cars to get an average of 39 m.p.g., and trucks to get 30 m.p.g. None of these fuel efficient subcompacts even comes close to meeting the car standard and the two hybrids don’t even come close to the standard for trucks. Data from FuelEconomy.gov.