Joint Statement Against Censorware (Jan. 17, 2001 ff.)
The following individuals and organizations oppose mandatory Internet blocking technology requirements in public schools and libraries because blocking technologies:
* Underblock what they are supposed to block
* Overblock what they are not supposed to block
* Rely on subjective “expert” control
* Are error-prone, vulnerable, problematic, and unfairly discriminatory
* Deny access to constitutionally protected and educationally important materials that schools and libraries would otherwise provide
And they prevent people from reading this “pornography” I work so hard to write.